Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Coffee Sugar Cookies

I am sorry my viewers I neglected my page but I will try to do some more food blogging if I can remember to. Autumn is here so I am have baking like crazy with pumpkin everything and it hits me today that I should blog again! I started to use Pinterest and I always find delicious recipes and there were two I recently found that I could do. So it was either Coffee Sugar Cookies  or Pumpkin Coffee Cake [of course].. I chose the cookies...

I'm not much of a coffee connoisseur, more tea so I would usually find cookies that has tea leaves in it. But I tried once coffee shortbread cookies and they were alright so without further delay...caffeinated cookies!!!


  • 1 cup softened butter
  • 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tbsp fresh ground coffee [or you can use also instant crystals or powder]
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 2 1/4 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp salt

Instructions

  1. In a mixer, cream together butter and sugar.
  2. In small bowl, combine eggs, vanilla and coffee until incorporated.
  3. In separate bowl add together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
  4. Slowly incorporate egg mixture to the butter mixture until well combined. Next slowly add flour mixture until fully combined, do not over beat.
  5. Chill dough for at least one hour or overnight.
  6. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350F. 
  7. Roll out dough on floured solid surface to about 1/2 inch thick. Using circle cookie cutter, punch out circles and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
  8. Bake 8-10 minutes, or until edges turn golden. Allow cookies to cool completely before covering in icing.

Now I don't have any cookie cutters nor did I roll it out on a floured surface; which probably would have been helpful otherwise my hands were covered in dough. Nonetheless despite the abstract shape of the cookies they turned out yummy and see the pretty specks of coffee.






No comments:

Post a Comment